Pop-PopPosted: October 26, 2010
My grandfather passed away a year ago. I thought I would jot down a few words.
First,………and this is most important: Pop Pop….thanks for having a full head of hair all your life. This means no male pattern baldness gene passed down to me and for that, I thank you.
So join me now, raise a glass:
Pop Pop I want to thank You for showing me that:
- Snipes can be caught with brown paper bag
- Horseshoes are better at Bri-A-Lee.
- “Kytes-Delite”looks cool in electrical tape
- Avoid tolls. Even if that means driving 50 miles out of the way.
- Heineken tastes better after you figure out the puzzle under the cap
- Chicks dig silver Novas
- Ditto Blue Malibus
- Anything can be found at a garage sale
- Anything found at a gargage sale can be fixed
- Have a gate between you and your best friend’s house
- Clear area of all grandchildren before installing said gate
- Hours of fun with a hook in a tree trunk and a ring on a string
- Cosmo will not come unless you eat your dinner
- Sherbert ice cream rules
- Real men do the dishes.
- Get behind a truck on Hempstead Turnpike, they time the lights
- Jerusleaum Ave. and Hempstead Tpke light is the longest light-ever
- The Rusty Nail is not a rusty nail.
- Good-Guy Bri is an awesome nickname
- Only trumped by: #1 grandchild.
- No, “The Benefit of Mr. Kyte” was not written for him.
- Gas is always cheaper at BP
- Always use “brought” or “bought” in the correct context
- Sweater vest, pocket protector and bolo. Sharp.
- Hug. Tightly. Hold on for that extra second